Friday, January 31, 2014

Lunar New Year

It's lunar new year! Which means feasting and red envelopes at our house- Chewy included!

Last night, we had new year's eve dinner at my aunt's place. Chewy had to stay home because he'd probably knock over everything in her apartment. But when we got back, I made sure Chewy had some good eats, too.

Chewy caught a whiff of the food prep

That's for me!

He came running when the toaster oven timer went off and waited patiently while I put food into his bowl.

Chewy's bowl of yum yums: salmon, steak and carrots

Of course, that wasn't enough to satisfy Chewy, so he got some clementine.

Perhaps some dessert?

You're sharing that, right?

My mom said that on new year's eve, children have to stay up past midnight to bring their parents longevity. So, we camped out in the living room for the remaining hour or so. Chewy had a long nap while we were out for dinner, so he was ready for the task. He did some antler chewing to pass the time.


I gave Chewy his red envelope. Since he doesn't know what to do with money, his envelope had dog treats.

2 cookies for turning 2 this year

Thank you for the red envelope!

My mom said you have to put red envelopes under your pillow to bring you good luck in the new year. I put Chewy's red envelope in his pillow case. He gave it a good sniff.

There is something yummy-smelling INSIDE my pillow!

I think you're supposed to keep your red envelopes until new year's celebrations are over (traditionally 15 days), but since his envelope contains cookies and not money, I decided he only had to wait one night.

I wish I could eat those cookies right now.

I took his red envelope out of his pillow at bedtime in case he got hungry in the middle of the night and tried to find it.

This morning...

Yes, I'll take that!


Happy lunar new year!

1 comment:

  1. Gung Hay Fat Choy! We celebrate Chinese New Year too. Sugar got a red envelope too. Golden Woofs

    ReplyDelete